City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.
City Square Residence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Need a 2nd hand bicycle
Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm by stanlim2

» Ochin Tapas Bistro now open for lunch
Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm by attard

» Great place to chill out few minutes from CSR
Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm by attard

» More loungers and Chairs needed by the pool
Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm by csrssr

» Noisy Neighbours
Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm by csrssr

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road

2 posters

Go down

Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road Empty Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road

Post  Twinkle Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Other residents and I proposed that the City Square Mall side of the Kitchener Link road be painted double jagged lines so no vehicle can stop/wait/pick up people as the daily affair of parked
vehicles by equally irresponsible/selfish drivers caused other drivers to 'overtake' in order to drive pass and into our condo turning a two lanes road into one lane. Remember you all must write to URA to petition this. One person is not enough............ Arrow
Twinkle
Twinkle

Back to top Go down

Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road Empty Re: Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road

Post  ahdong Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:16 pm

I wrote to LTA regarding the situation at Kitchener Link. Below their response.

My reaction;
What are the chances of vehicles breaking down at such a short road.
Why our MCST agreed with LTA for not widening the center divider.

I urge fellow residents to write to LTA on this matter. We should carry on putting pressure on LTA to solve this problem.

Our Ref: LTA/ROCP/TCPN/TM/F20.000.000/20276
Date : 15-Jul-2010
Tel :
Fax :

Dear,
Traffic at Kitchener Link
FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20100701-0158
We refer to your email on the above subject.
Kitchener Link is currently a two-way road with one lane in each direction. While we note that a centre divider will not allow motorists to stop along the stretch, this measure is permanent and will not allow any flexibility for motorists to manouvre. In the event that a vehicle breaks down along this stretch, other motorists will not be able to overtake and manouvre around the breakdown vehicle. This will cause obstruction and affect the accessibility for motorists.
We have also spoken to the MCST of City Square Residences and they have agreed that a centre divider is not recommended. We have also incorporated in our works plan to paint a yellow box at the exit of City Square Mall to allow for vehicles to exit when the queue reaches the exit.We will continue monitoring the traffic situation and make any improvement measures if deemed feasible.
Thank you for your feedback.
Yours sincerely

(SIGNED IN LOTUS NOTES)
FARHAN BIN MOHAMED TAMIM
ENGINEER, TRAFFIC SCHEMES
for DEPUTY DIRECTOR, TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
*We invite you to share your views on land transport related issues with us at http://talk2lta.lta.gov.sg. Now, you can also send us your feedback via SMS at "77LTA" (77582).
SENDER'S DETAILS
==================
Sender's Name :
Email Address :
Telephone No. :
Feedback Date : 01 July 2010
Received Date : 01 July 2010
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a resident of City Square Residence. Kitchener Link
in front of our house is a big mess including weekdays. The 2 ways traffic
becomes one way (on either side) when waiting vehicle starts parking along this
road. At times there are even container trailer loading goods along this road.
May I suggest to make this road to only 2 lane each for one way by widening the
centre dividers. This way no vehicle will dare wait along this road as no other
vehicle can overtake to pass through.
Thank you

ahdong

Back to top Go down

Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road Empty Change in Decision 2010

Post  Twinkle Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Yes, I now agreed that the only solution to ever stop those vehicles from waiting, parking and loading/unloading at this stretch of Kitchener Link is to erect a central divider along the road from almost the beginning to almost the end of the road ......on hindsight in reviewing the situation the LTA hopefully will understand that this being a non-major road, if there are zagged lines, errant motorists will still take the chance to stop there as they think they can move off if the cops come.
As for the likelihood of a vehicle one day stalling /immobilized inside the lane & causing a jam, I believe we do not mind taking that unlikely chance because that can also be solved by Manpower. Then we will instruct our security guards that should such a scenario occurred they will have to stepped out of the comfort of the guardhouse to guide the vehicles at each end of Kitchener Link with one of those "GO" and "STOP" signposts akin to the ones used by the road construction teams until the situation returns to normal (meaning the stalled vehicle is removed) Now how about that? Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road Fresse
Twinkle
Twinkle

Back to top Go down

Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road Empty Re: Cars waiting and stopping along Kitchener Link Road

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down