City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.
City Square Residence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Need a 2nd hand bicycle
Litter & General waste EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm by stanlim2

» Ochin Tapas Bistro now open for lunch
Litter & General waste EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm by attard

» Great place to chill out few minutes from CSR
Litter & General waste EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm by attard

» More loungers and Chairs needed by the pool
Litter & General waste EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm by csrssr

» Noisy Neighbours
Litter & General waste EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm by csrssr

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Litter & General waste

+3
Edwin
csrssr
chunky
7 posters

Go down

Litter & General waste Empty Litter & General waste

Post  chunky Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Thought I'd start a dedicated thread on this subject, being mentioned a couple of times in other topics...

Bit disgusted with the complete disregard some residents show to others, by leaving their litter around the estate. The MA clearly need to provide more bins, specifically poolsode and the perimeter, however the problem does not lie soley here.

Up early, I occasionaly hit the pool before the cleaners have had a chance to do their thing and can't believe the amount of take away trays, cans and glass bottles left on or beside the pool lounge chairs. Residents not using the bins a few feet from you is just selfish. People moan about the increase in bugs.... left over food and drink on the floor is not helping the matter. The glass bottles are irresponsible, an accident just waiting to happen.

Another gripe is the amount of litter at the BBQ pits, specifically on Sat and Sun mornings. There are 2 chutes available a few feet from the black bins, 1 for recyclables and the other for general waste, yet mountains of litter are left by the overflowing bins - mostly paper and plastic..... The MA together with the guards need to be more strict with the deposit, punishing those who leave the area in a mess each evening.

There, got that off my chect now heading for a swim...
chunky
chunky

Back to top Go down

Litter & General waste Empty Re: Litter & General waste

Post  csrssr Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:30 pm

i can't agree on this more... it seems there is a severe lack of civility at common areas - litter at the lift lobby, smoking/ciggies at the pool side, waste lying around in the barbeque areas.. the list goes on.

1. Everyone of us should voice our concern when we see these acts happen in front of us...
i have asked people smoking around the poolside politely, sometimes they stare and walk away. As residents we are the eyes/ears of the estate and should use our judgement to tackle such issues then and there possible without intruding privacy.

2. MA can do its part by implementing strict instructions for cleanliness of function rooms/b'bque pits.

3. Given the high utilization of faciltities/wash rooms during week-ends, i am not sure we have the right level of cleaning arrangement... looks like there is limited cleaning after 2pm Saturday (not sure about this info though!)

i will also feedback my comments directly to the MA etc.,

csrssr

Back to top Go down

Post  Edwin Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Excellent topic. It is disgusting (I have no other word for it) to see the litter and carbage that people dump in the lift lobbies, pool area or in the carpark.

A few solutions:
- Provide a big green carbage container for every Block on B1 for residents to dispose their daily carbage. I thought they would enlarge the bin chutes in the lobby but so far I havent seen anything.
- Put a paper bin at the letter box area. Some people find it perfectly normal to toss unsollicited mail on the floor, and others then follow suit.
- More containers at the BBQ pit. Obviously, we produce more cabage than 1 black container when we BBQ.
- The cleaners to start at 7 at the poolside. I was there at 8h30 last Sunday and it was a big mess, while little kids are running around already.

MA should provide the means, the residents should be more responsible.

Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post  chunky Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:16 am

Loved the hungry ghost festival celebrations, but wow, what a mess. Is it fair that the cleaners are now left to spend days picking up litter? All the food again invites the stray cats, rats and bugs which so many are complaining about. Saw a family celebrating outside our estate, burning, laying food and when they were done cleaned up afterwards. Why not here? I guess the MA could have employed some forward planning and arranged extra cleaners, but personally dont feel the cleaners should be having to put in all the overtime to clean up after others.
chunky
chunky

Back to top Go down

Post  sashimi Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:32 pm

This morning, My family and I walked in and out of our Blk 14 lobby and lamented at the hygience and cleanliness of the ground floor lobby and surrounding areas. Although the rubbish have been cleared, you see marks and stains around the rubbish chute areas and the lobby floor. The ceramic floor seem not to be washed for ages. Someone broke the whole transparent cover to the lift buttons and left the wreakage inside the lift.

Worse state of poor cleanliness can be observed in and around the Blk 14 B1 lobby. I saw the two pools of dog urine near the door of the lobby. One was fresh, and the other has been left there for days.

Seriously my previous HDB lobby area were not as bad as this. Now I really appreciate the service standard and hard work of those maintenance staff there. I am quite embarrassed to invite any friends or relative to my place until the state of cleanliness improves.

I still cherish this hardworking Indian lady (just a description here, nothing racist) who was alway seen sweeping and mopping the gleaning floors of blk 14 lobbies when we moved in a few months back.

Beside giving a piece of my mind if I come across the offender, what can we do to show that behaviors like these cannot be condoned? The MA can tackle the cleanliness of the estate through the raising of maintenance service standard. However, it would be a long term problem when tackling the civil mindedness of people. I believe things would only improve through consistent residents' voice, message and policing.

Last edited by sashimi on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

sashimi

Back to top Go down

Litter & General waste Empty Civic mindedness

Post  JoelCere Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Here is what I am thinking: Forget the nice reminders about civic mindedness as the culprits know well that this is not acceptable behavior. So why do they do it? Because they can get away with it. The management should obviously be stricter than it currently is but when seeing some bad behaviors, what do ordinary residents do? They say nothing then complain when the culprits are gone. If everyone that sees people misbehaving voiced up, the dirty people in this estate would quickly realize that they are in a minority and that they better straighten their act.

JoelCere

Back to top Go down

Post  chunky Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:15 am

agreed Joel. It's sometimes difficult, especially when a group is concerned, but The guards are willing to get involved so use them. Had a word with the guard last week about some kids smoking by the pool and they addressed it immediatly. Also confronted a guy smoking in the lobby of blk 14 and he apologised. Sometimes a simple suggestion is enough to the culprit is enough to bring to their attention and change their ways. I did notice a big improvement this weekend with guards patrolling and approaching individuals with regards to eating and drinking by the pool side. Can be intrusive, but once the lessons are learnt, the patrolling may not be required as frequntly. So good job guards!
chunky
chunky

Back to top Go down

Litter & General waste Empty Fight fire with fire

Post  Edwin Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Full agree with Joel. If I see someone littering, they can expect me saying something about that. In a direct manner. And I am surely not afraid of groups. The problem is that most of the time, the damage is done and the culprits are gone.

Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post  chunky Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:31 am

Trolley's from Mustafa's left on the estate. 3 this week between blk 12 & 14 perimeter. Why do some residents just expect someone else to tidy up after them? GUards can help by preventing access to residents with trolley's.
chunky
chunky

Back to top Go down

Litter & General waste Empty Mustafa trolleys

Post  Edwin Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:19 am

Never mind the trolleys inside, what about the ones just outside the gates? There are plenty of guards there, I cannot believe not one of them sees residents dumping their trolley at the roadside. This is NOT an HDB flat!

Edwin

Back to top Go down

Litter & General waste Empty BLK 6 : DIRTY LIFT & CORRIDOR

Post  NBTD Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Could the Mgt pls pay a visit @ Blk 6. The 3 lifts are always very dirty and worst, sometime it smells. The common corridor are very dirty too and we hardly see any cleaners around. The only level which some cleaning job is done is B1. The condition which I described above is worst then my ex HDB flat. Its a shame to bring our guest to visit a pvt. apt like this.

NBTD

Back to top Go down

Post  dekid. Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:57 pm

i dont know why but it just has to be foreign students in my block who smoke in lifts and throw their cigarette butts in the lifts?I'm kind of sick and tired of picking up the buts and throwing them away. im not sure whether u guys suffer from the same problem but could anyone give any advice on what to do if i enter the lift and their puffing away?
dekid.
dekid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Edwin Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:03 pm

What about the empty bottle of Johnny Walker and pack of cigarettes at the poolside, together with a broken deck chair. Two bottles of Heineken in another corner. The Lift lobbies are getting worse and worse. Can MA and security please step up. The CCTV at the poolside could easily see that someone is breaking stuff there, or do they only use it to look at the ladies at the pool?

If a secuirty guard passes by that broken chair and bottle 7(!) times, I expect some pro-activeness.

There was a lady with a dog at the pool as well, and the dog was just freely wondering around at the pool side, in the plants. I mean, what are dogs doing at the pool?

Is any of this being forwarded to MA and if not, does someone has an email address so we can contact them directly with suggestions/ideas/complaints?

Thanks

Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post  chunky Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:04 am

Same old story really - takes someone getting hurt for people like this to learn. Only takes a strong wind to bump that bottle over and thats glass by / in the pool...... Guards work 24hours and they didnt see this whilst on patrol? Not taking the blame away from the irresponsible and selfish individual who left it there, or saying that it's the guards job to do this, but cmon - take some responsibility and throw it BEFORE you are having to deal with a bigger problem!
chunky
chunky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum