City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.
City Square Residence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Need a 2nd hand bicycle
Regarding GSM Reception EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm by stanlim2

» Ochin Tapas Bistro now open for lunch
Regarding GSM Reception EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm by attard

» Great place to chill out few minutes from CSR
Regarding GSM Reception EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm by attard

» More loungers and Chairs needed by the pool
Regarding GSM Reception EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm by csrssr

» Noisy Neighbours
Regarding GSM Reception EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm by csrssr

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Regarding GSM Reception

+3
peace
LOGIC
hondaker
7 posters

Go down

Regarding GSM Reception Empty Regarding GSM Reception

Post  hondaker Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:18 pm

I am not sure about the rest of the residents, but the GSM reception was really poor in the basement areas. Sometimes totally no reception at all.

One scenario which occurred prompts me to start this thread.

My friend came to visit me for a drink late at night, hence he got to park at Level B2, while I headed down to the guard room area to wait for him.

However, B2 did not have stairs nor visitors' access lifts for him to go up to level 1 (Unless he walk up the carpark slopes). The non-existance GSM reception caused a major hiccup in this sense, as he can't call me to notify me on his whereabouts.

Anyone knows who can I talk to regarding this matter?

Regards,
Honda

hondaker

Back to top Go down

Regarding GSM Reception Empty GSM Reception

Post  LOGIC Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Few months back David of CKH told me with the completion of City Mall Square and the installation of the necessary equipment for GSM quality of reception should improve. Even at Vivo City the reception of GSM is still extremely poor after all this months.

LOGIC

Back to top Go down

Regarding GSM Reception Empty Re: Regarding GSM Reception

Post  peace Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:23 pm

I was also told by David the mgt can't do anything to the reception unless the residents themselves write in to the telco to get them fix the signals. Weird reply to me though.

peace

Back to top Go down

Post  hondaker Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:08 am

Should we write in to the telcos ourselves then?
Reception was quite bad, i was just in my friend's unit in blk 12 lvl 30, and there was constant interferences during GSM voicecalls

hondaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Miffymiffy Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:08 pm

ya.... there's no reception at the carpk even at b1. sigh ...caused alot of inconveniences for all...to be in touch with visitors etc.... Sad hopefully this problem will be rectified soon.. Laughing

Miffymiffy

Back to top Go down

Post  eight-thirteen Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Aren't there intercom's at each level that can be used by guests and delivery staff? There is no need directly for GSM reception and this is also not a management issue.

If you need better reception you need to talk to your cell phone provider and have them install better base stations in the area. Another solution is to switch your provider, I have Starhub and have great reception in the apartment and reasonable in B1 level.

eight-thirteen

Back to top Go down

Post  hondaker Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:06 pm

eight-thirten: A GSM reception (in the case of B2/B3) or a better GSM reception (in the case of B1) serves as an alternative to the intercom. There could be unseen circumstances where one would depend on GSM while in the lower levels.

As to the reception in the apartments, Singapore is such a modern society, we are not talking about some remote islands off the coast of Malaysia or Indonesia here, since customers signed up for the GSM service, they should technically get reception at the very least in their own apartment.

I understand that this issue could not be rectified by the MA, and fellow residents already made the effort to enquire on how this issue could be rectified through notifying the various telcos, I do not see the need to lecture us (Yes, I do view your reply as a rather aggressive one).

hondaker

Back to top Go down

Post  csrssr Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:24 pm

the problem is also inherent at basement levels in City square mall on b2... was quite surprised that i can't get the signal inside tom&stephanie and the staff confirmed that too ...
i hope the reception issue gets fixed asap, and it will help CSR too... cellphone reception is such a basic thing...sigh!

csrssr

Back to top Go down

Post  hondaker Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:06 pm

I have just made a call to Singtel to notify them on this matter, and they mentioned they will be sending a technical team to check out the reception in CSR as well as CSM.

Hope they can solve this issue

hondaker

Back to top Go down

Regarding GSM Reception Empty StarHub & Singtel & M1 - Reception

Post  Mcqueen Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 am

Hi All,

I just read this posting.

It has been a year already.

Is there anything done or updates for this issue?
I believe the condition at basement is still existing.

If i did not forget, I can make calls from the QB hair saloon already.
So the CSM B2 had improved the reception in that area.

Can the Mgmt team revisit this issue?
Is quite inconvenience to have no reception at our basement b1 or b2.

My personal experience was, my family was into a minor accident recently which my wife was trying to contact me from the basement.

I believe this may turn into bigger issue, if we continue like this...

Can the committee pls help to look into this, if u need someone or any form of assistant, kindly let me know.

I'm very motivated by this issue.

bounce
Mcqueen
Mcqueen

Back to top Go down

Post  hondaker Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

I've followed up with the service providers once more after the last post date, but it had been a year since, and don't remember the details much.

It's something like the MA has to solve the reception issues by installing additional repeaters/signal boosters.

Since our committee is already set up, maybe the committee members can re-visit this issue

hondaker

Back to top Go down

Post  csrssr Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Spoke to MA this morning... Based on their input, the service provider has checked in the past, and there was some constraint (not sure if this is $$). MA will check again and update us.

Cheers

csrssr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum