City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.
City Square Residence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Need a 2nd hand bicycle
REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm by stanlim2

» Ochin Tapas Bistro now open for lunch
REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm by attard

» Great place to chill out few minutes from CSR
REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm by attard

» More loungers and Chairs needed by the pool
REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm by csrssr

» Noisy Neighbours
REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm by csrssr

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM

2 posters

Go down

REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM Empty REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM

Post  LOGIC Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi neighbours,
By now all of you must have know the REQUISITED AGM ON DEC 5 FAILED TO CONVENE.
We were defeated by:-
1) MAIL ADDRESSES OF MANY SP ARE NOT UPDATED ON THE STRATA TITLE ROLL. SO AGM DOCUMENTS & INVOICES FOR MAINTENANCE FEES DID NOT REACH THEM ON TIME RESULTING IN UNPAID FEES WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY SP FROM VOTING AND FOR OWNERS TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT TO HAND PROXY TO THEIR NEIGHBOURS IN ORDER FOR THEIR VOTES TO BE COUNTED.
2) MANY SP TURNED UP LATE AND WERE BARRED FROM ENTERING THE AGM VENUE DUE TO MISTAKEN IDENTITY OF ANOTHER FOO CHOW BUILDING NEARBY.
We learn by this hard way the draconian rules governing a requisited AGM. One minute late your proxy forms not counted and EVEN YOUR PHYSICAL PRESENCE IS ZERO.
Well we shell treat this exercise as a rehearsal for the next one.

I HOPE ALL OF YOU WILL GIVE US YOUR FULL SUPPORT TO TAKE CONTROL IN MANAGING OUR ESTATE BEFORE SEPTEMBER NEXT YEAR. WE HAVE TO SEE THAT ALL DEFECTS OF THE COMMON AREAS ARE ATTENDED TO. OR WE WILL FACE HEFTY BILLS IN FUTURE TO RECTIFY THEM. DO REMEMBER IT WILL BE FROM ALL OUR POCKETS.

LOGIC

LOGIC

Back to top Go down

REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM Empty Re: REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM

Post  nav14 Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:17 pm

I would like to thank all of you for working so hard to try and make CSR a better place to live in. I am sure things will begin moving in the right direction and most if not all of the present problems facing CSR will be overcome once the MC is formed.

I am not sure if the strata roll was up to date or if owners were not late , it would have made a large difference. Owners generally tend to be apathetic and in the condo where I am staying we have never achieved more than 15% attendance. I understand that only 20 owners out of 900 owners turned up for an AGM in another condo in the East Coast. Furthermore at least 30-40% I believe are not owner occupied at CSR. So the almost 20% that we saw last Saturday is an achievement mainly thanks to the efforts of the members in the forefront of this.

But if another AGM is called soon,then the pro-tem comm members will have to work extra hard to ensure that the 30% mark is achieved. The best way is to go from door to door and get residents to at least hand over their proxy forms. If the MA/CDL allows, get them to attach a note from the Pro-tem comm to the AGM notification to be sent out indicating clearly why the AGM is being held, and residents who can't attend should submit their proxy forms to a particular location.

I also understand that the pro tem comm has to get signatures from 10% of owners within the next 6 weeks before the MA/CDL will recognise it.

I was surprised to hear that the security and cleaning agencies are related to CDL. BCA or the relevant authorities should not allow this as there is clearly a case of conflict of interest. CSR could save money in possibly engaging a cheaper security agency but to get a good security agency is going to be an uphill task. We have been changing security agencies every year in our condo and have yet to find the "right" agency. Once the MC is set up, it could consider engaging an in house supervisor (ex Police officer) to monitor the guards and run around doing other checks in the estate.

I did not know that the trolley situation was so bad (since I don't stay there). May not be fair to completely ban trolleys. Can implement a system whereby residents will have to surrender their resident cards (have to issue them with this) at the guardhouse before being allowed to bring in their trolley. Upon returning back with an empty trolley, they can collect their resident card. Residents will have to return the trolleys within say an hour and if not a fine could be imposed (need to pass a by law at AGM for the fine) Security guards have to be on the ball to check on this especially the side entrance gate (maybe can install a CCTV camera covering the side gate) and also to ensure the trolleys are not left outside the entrance at the perimeter wall (another camera to cover this area).

Some residents wondered that there is going to be an huge increase in expenditure next year based on the projected income. I doubt it. What the MA did was to play safe and recommend the same quantum of total maintenance/sinking fund at $37 per share value. So they projected an expenditure that will justify this share value. Based on my calculations, if the same contribution of $37 per share value is maintained , CSR will very soon become the richest condo in Singapore with a yearly savings of 1 million. Expenditure should be around 1.5 million max considering that 1.057million was spent for 8 1/2 mths. (The basic expenses were already there even though Phase 2 unist were occupied 3-4 mths later. The extra will only be for electricity consumption and few other small areas. ) Based on $37 per share value the total collections will be $2.7 million which is 1.2 million more than required. Leave aside $300-$400k for sinking fund, which means there will still be an excess of around $800-900K for maintenance. The $37 per share value can easily be reduced by 30% and yet there will be more than sufficient money to maintain CSR and slwolyly accumulate a healthy sinking fund.

One area which no one brought up and which I personally think will have an affect on the property is encroachment of common property - especially placing objects like shoe racks etc in the common corridor which makes it look very untidy This is against the rules and should be strictly enforced and as otherwise it gives a very bad impression on the kind of people staying there. The SCDF can be called in to issue warnings to residents not complying after first being reminded by MA though notices, letters, registered letters, etc.

nav14

Back to top Go down

REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM Empty Fail AGM

Post  LOGIC Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Did you read my posting on the forum about my reflection on the fail AGM?

I would like to pick up your good suggestion of untidy corridors, good idea to ask SCDF to enforce ruling.
I think we will do another requsite AGM by March. This time we know what to do.

We knew all along all the service providers for CSR were all CDL subsidiaries. Our group took pains to point it out to CDL and SP. So now you are aware of it. Many owners do not realise we pay $100 but only getting $10 service.

Take for example:-After the AGM I went over the mall to have a cuppa with another neighbour. We saw our guards directing traffic for the mall on the road instead of guarding our property.
Many residents have complain noticing our cleaners and guards doubling at City Mall

Every one know how to complain, we should do something to make a difference.

Cheerio, Yin

LOGIC

Back to top Go down

REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM Empty Re: REFLECTION OF FAIL AGM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum