City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.
City Square Residence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Need a 2nd hand bicycle
Outsiders using our carpark lots EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm by stanlim2

» Ochin Tapas Bistro now open for lunch
Outsiders using our carpark lots EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm by attard

» Great place to chill out few minutes from CSR
Outsiders using our carpark lots EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm by attard

» More loungers and Chairs needed by the pool
Outsiders using our carpark lots EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm by csrssr

» Noisy Neighbours
Outsiders using our carpark lots EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm by csrssr

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Outsiders using our carpark lots

+7
lee75
twchee
ladygaga
ceewye
LP21
ckor
trulysingapore
11 posters

Go down

Outsiders using our carpark lots Empty Outsiders using our carpark lots

Post  trulysingapore Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:55 pm

I understand that the security has recently become more involved in ensuring that visitors park at B2 or B3. For that I thank the security.

Nevertheless, I think the situation can still be better. City Square receives many visitors and contractors and sometimes, I drive out for 30 min and by the time I come back, the lot I was in has already been taken. I don't mind if it's fellow residents taking up the lot but it's obviously an outsider because he doesn't have the decal and it's in the morning so most residents should be driving out, not driving in.

The security cannot be at the carpak 24 by 7 so there must be some other ways to ensure that visitors don't take up our precious lots.

One way is to install additional gantries at B1 carpark so that only City Square residents can enter. At the same time, these gantries must not block visitors from going to B2 or B3 carparks.

trulysingapore

Back to top Go down

Outsiders using our carpark lots Empty Re: Outsiders using our carpark lots

Post  ckor Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:46 am

I went to Hillview Regency. They have a very strict parking regulation.

Any visitor found parking in non-visitor lots will get their car wheel-lock.
If we start the wheel-lock, by the time the mall is open, we will not have problem with parking.

Additional, we should also use the HDB system.
All parking lots for residents should be in red.
Visitor lots in white. I believe now everything is in white.

As residents, we should also help to inform visitor to park in designated area or the car will be wheel-lock.

ckor

Back to top Go down

Post  LP21 Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:32 pm

i spoke with the outgoing management about the same suggestions mentioned above - her reply was that wheel-locks and red lots can only be enforced after a resident committee is in place and by-laws are passed. anyone here knows more about this?

LP21

Back to top Go down

Post  ceewye Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:52 pm

LP21 wrote:i spoke with the outgoing management about the same suggestions mentioned above - her reply was that wheel-locks and red lots can only be enforced after a resident committee is in place and by-laws are passed. anyone here knows more about this?

There are a group of residents who are trying to achieve this.

FYI: 91 owners need to sign a petition to hold the Annual General Meeting before these can be achieved.

Will update with more information when I have it.
ceewye
ceewye
Admin

https://ctsq.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Outsiders using our carpark lots Empty Outsiders Using Our Car Park Lots

Post  ladygaga Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:58 pm

Pls let me know when can I petition this. I want to be the first one to sign it. And to gather 91 names out of the 910 units, is a mere 10%. Let's do it. And things can get worse when the mall is open and we really want the Management to implement certain measures to curb this.

ladygaga

Back to top Go down

Outsiders using our carpark lots Empty Outsiders using our carpark lots

Post  twchee Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:40 pm

ceewye wrote:
LP21 wrote:i spoke with the outgoing management about the same suggestions mentioned above - her reply was that wheel-locks and red lots can only be enforced after a resident committee is in place and by-laws are passed. anyone here knows more about this?

FYI: 91 owners need to sign a petition to hold the Annual General Meeting before these can be achieved.

I fully agree we need wheel-clamp rule on non-residents parking on B1 - this is the most effective deterrent. The fees collected from offending visitors can go into the general management fund and help subsidize the management costs of the estate Very Happy

On a separate note, we notice many visitors entering the compound. I've had some visitors myself but the security never even called me to verify. I'm afraid the situation may worsen when the Mall is up with anyone just walking in to use our pool/gym/sauna etc...

There needs to be a much stricter rule on entry by non-residents - like only visitors accompanied by resident is allowed entry...

twchee

Back to top Go down

Post  LP21 Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:51 pm

ladygaga wrote:Pls let me know when can I petition this. I want to be the first one to sign it. And to gather 91 names out of the 910 units, is a mere 10%. Let's do it. And things can get worse when the mall is open and we really want the Management to implement certain measures to curb this.

i will be the second one to sign this petition Smile

LP21

Back to top Go down

Post  lee75 Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Equally upset regarding the parking lot.

I recall National Day I had to park at B2... which I never had to even with all 6 blks TOP. I seriously feel something is not right in terms of visitor mgmt at the security point.

I am happy to sign up the petition for more stricter steps to be taken / exercised by the security guardhouse, especially when the mall is up, many will be eyeing to park here.....

Last edited by lee75 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : should be 6 blks of units)

lee75

Back to top Go down

Post  limyok Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:52 am

On 11 September morning, I experienced again what I often did: I go out in the morning for a while and on my return around 10.00 am, the lots in front of block 6 at b1 are all filled. I chanced upon a lady in her car and when I asked she said she was not a resident, she said she was parking only for a while and she won;t park there again. It may be due to the CS mall or other reasons, but I feel that since block 6 is nearest the entrance any empty lots will be taken up by outsiders. I informed a lady guard and she told me she was patrolling somewhere else. I told her that she is to inform her security manager Mr. Nara about this. I am informing Mr. Tan the CM about this and I will suggest that either guards take a more vigilance enforcing parking rules or a wheel clamp policy be implemented. A wheel clamp is not expensive and guards will have more clout if they have a means of deterrence.

limyok

Back to top Go down

Post  ceewye Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:02 pm

limyok wrote:On 11 September morning, I experienced again what I often did: I go out in the morning for a while and on my return around 10.00 am, the lots in front of block 6 at b1 are all filled. I chanced upon a lady in her car and when I asked she said she was not a resident, she said she was parking only for a while and she won;t park there again. It may be due to the CS mall or other reasons, but I feel that since block 6 is nearest the entrance any empty lots will be taken up by outsiders. I informed a lady guard and she told me she was patrolling somewhere else. I told her that she is to inform her security manager Mr. Nara about this. I am informing Mr. Tan the CM about this and I will suggest that either guards take a more vigilance enforcing parking rules or a wheel clamp policy be implemented. A wheel clamp is not expensive and guards will have more clout if they have a means of deterrence.

CitySquare is still under developer's council now, so they are unable to enforce wheel clamping as these are not the standard laws.

These by-laws must be included during the AGM by calling for a special resolution, where 75% of the owners present agree.

FYI: I will be meeting up with user: Ladygaga tommorrow @3pm at BBQ pit 3 at City Square to let her sign the petition and also explain why we would like to encourage CDL to hold the AGM as early as possible.
Those interested may also come by. thanks!
ceewye
ceewye
Admin

https://ctsq.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Outsiders using our carpark lots Empty Early AGM petition

Post  JoelCere Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:47 am

I am keen to sign it as well rather than wait another 6 months. You can message me to arrange signing time.

JoelCere

Back to top Go down

Post  Edwin Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:33 pm

In Block 10 we dont have so much issues with this, but I fully understand the frustration from the people closer to the entrance.

It should be very simple:
- Indeed let them park at B2 and B3. Make that very clear at the guard house.
- Provide visitors and contractors with a laminated A4 card they need to put under their windscreen.
- On the card, a small map indicates the route to B2/3 (it took me 3 months to discover where it was)
- CLEAR signs in the carpark (rather than the small green paper ones, as mentioned by another resident)
- With all that CCTV, follow the car that just entered to ensure they really go there.

NO WHEEL CLAMPING PLEASE!

Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post  CC Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:40 pm

ceewye wrote:

Hi ceewye
I would like to sign the petition too! Oh yea, together with my neighbor Wink Juz let me know when.. FYI, I'm from Block 6

CC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum