City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.
City Square Residence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Need a 2nd hand bicycle
Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm by stanlim2

» Ochin Tapas Bistro now open for lunch
Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm by attard

» Great place to chill out few minutes from CSR
Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm by attard

» More loungers and Chairs needed by the pool
Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm by csrssr

» Noisy Neighbours
Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm by csrssr

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings

+9
Block2
ceewye
Ross Edwards
trulysingapore
dekid.
jianmin
hondaker
JoelCere
awesomearpit
13 posters

Go down

Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings Empty Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings

Post  awesomearpit Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:34 pm

We have a wonderful swimming pool.
Unfortunately most of us who work are unable to take full advantage of the pool due to the inexplicable rule to bar entrance at 10 pm.

In the ideal case the pool would be open 24 hours or atleast close to it (a few hours of downtime). As a first step the timings should atleast be extended till midnight.

comments\suggestions\observations\opinion?

awesomearpit

Back to top Go down

Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings Empty Re: Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings

Post  JoelCere Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Extending the pool 24 hours would mean all residents facing the pool will have 24 hours noise... Not ideal. I would second extending for an extra hour but nothing more.

JoelCere

Back to top Go down

Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings Empty Re: Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings

Post  hondaker Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:08 am

can we look at extending the gym hours too?

hondaker

Back to top Go down

Post  jianmin Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:14 pm

hondaker wrote:can we look at extending the gym hours too?
not a good idea....further more , the gym has mimimum equipment ....u better off going to a proper gym with all the right equipment / facilities .

Rules are Rules ... extending hrs to swimming pool ... would also lead to extending other usage ... like gym ( alreadi one has just suggested ), tennis court , karoake room, function hall ...etcetc.

Even when u stay @ 5* hotel, d gym/swimming pool .. they also close around 10pm !

i have even seen a caucasion couple swimming in the rain during thunder/stormy weather conditions ...... guess they are ignorant , even the golfer has been strike by lighting ! bom

" The world cannot change for u , u can change yrself "
jianmin
jianmin

Back to top Go down

Post  awesomearpit Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:37 pm

I see no issue in extending pool hours till atleast 12 am.
Extending gym hours should also be considered if residents feel a need.

Rules are not descended from heaven - they are made for the residents and are amenable to change once they stop being helpful Wink

awesomearpit

Back to top Go down

Post  jianmin Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:54 pm

awesomearpit wrote:I see no issue in extending pool hours till atleast 12 am.
Extending gym hours should also be considered if residents feel a need.

Rules are not descended from heaven - they are made for the residents and are amenable to change once they stop being helpful Wink

yes .. rules are not descended frm heaven , they are made for living in Harmony n Order ....
sure , if there;s no issue , no problem. .... i'm also a resident/ owner ... i dun feel the
need.....extending the hrs also uses more electricity for lighting/energy etctec ..... go
green .... reuse , recycle , reduce concept @ city sq.

last but not least = cost 2 maintenace ! ( management fees ! Like a Star @ heaven )

This is the 3rd condo ... i ve lived in singapore ... i ve not see such changes in other places.

Last edited by jianmin on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
jianmin
jianmin

Back to top Go down

Post  dekid. Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:24 pm

I guess these facilities should be extended by probably an hour during weekends cheers .
dekid.
dekid.

Back to top Go down

Post  trulysingapore Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:59 pm

No I'm not in favour of extending swimming hours. 10 pm is already quite late. Many people should be sleeping around that time so I don't see why there should be many people who would want to swim after 10pm. I don't see why we should extend the hours just for the odd few.

trulysingapore

Back to top Go down

Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings Empty Petition to have Gym Hours Extended

Post  Ross Edwards Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi, First of all this is a beautiful apartment condo complex. I am new here but I can see that the GYM is pretty full during mornings and evenings on Weekdays. Those of us that have to be at work by 8:00 AM and don't get home till after 7 or 8 PM don't have a chance to work out. I petition to extended the gym hours. If the Gym where open by 5:00 AM and closed around 11:00 PM it would better accomadate those of us with long work days and would reduce the "rush hour" crowds. Please give your voice to this issue. Thanks.

Ross Edwards

Back to top Go down

Post  ceewye Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Ross Edwards wrote:Hi, First of all this is a beautiful apartment condo complex. I am new here but I can see that the GYM is pretty full during mornings and evenings on Weekdays. Those of us that have to be at work by 8:00 AM and don't get home till after 7 or 8 PM don't have a chance to work out. I petition to extended the gym hours. If the Gym where open by 5:00 AM and closed around 11:00 PM it would better accomadate those of us with long work days and would reduce the "rush hour" crowds. Please give your voice to this issue. Thanks.

Hi ross,

Your topic has been discussed in another topic.

This topic will be merged into the existing one.

Thanks,
CY Lim
ceewye
ceewye
Admin

https://ctsq.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Block2 Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:30 pm

If 24hr is too much for the residents - any extension of the pool hours would be great. My job has very demanding hours and does not allow me much of a window to swim.

And noise is not an issue if you close your windows. The double-panned glass in these buildings are amazing for blocking out noise.

Block2

Back to top Go down

Post  chunky Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 am

agree to the extension, but within reason. 11pm close, 6am open. Problem with a 24hr solution is that it gets abused. Already see rowdy parties going past the Bbq curfew...imagine these same 30+ people, having been partying for hours then able to continue through the night.... It's not just about the noise.
chunky
chunky

Back to top Go down

Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings Empty Pool Hours

Post  Twinkle Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:36 pm

I feel that 10.30pm is a good time to close the pool so that by 11pm the pool will be clear.... Very Happy Sad
Twinkle
Twinkle

Back to top Go down

Post  eight-thirteen Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

trulysingapore wrote:No I'm not in favour of extending swimming hours. 10 pm is already quite late. Many people should be sleeping around that time so I don't see why there should be many people who would want to swim after 10pm. I don't see why we should extend the hours just for the odd few.
I have never seen such drivel in my life.
Who are you to tell other people when they should be in bed? Is anyone over the age of 12 in bed by 10pm?

I really don't see why we can't extend the opening hours of the pool, there is no extra maintenance charge to keep it open since there is no lifeguard, I don't see it as necessary to keep lights on either, let people swim until midnight at least.

"I don't see why there should be many people who would want to swim after 10pm"
Mu god, I don't see why you should be allowed to have an opinion on the subject, you don't even try to have a reason for your thinking, simply you just don't "feel" people should "want" this.

eight-thirteen

Back to top Go down

Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings Empty Extend pool hours to 11pm ok.

Post  Twinkle Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Yes, I agree we can try to extend our swimming pool hours to eleven at night...that would not be too extreme and sure we can bend a bit to those other enthusiatic swimmers.
from another Nite swimmer....
Twinkle
Twinkle

Back to top Go down

Petition to extend Swimming Pool Timings Empty UNCALL FOR REMARKS FROM813

Post  LOGIC Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Every day I read all the postings here with great pleasure, getting to know the problems we face together as neighbours.
I was appalled at, what you call yourself" eight thirteen to truly Singapore's posting regarding extension of use to the swimming pool.
We started this forum for OWNERS who are our neighbours to communicate with each other about problems in CSR. How can you call his posting as DRIVEL. That's very uncall for. Do look up the dictioinary for it's hurtful meaning.
We live in a civilised society,not in the jungle. As neighbours we can agree to disagree.
Do refrain from this forum if you only have INCONSEQUENTIAL and RUDE REMARKS. I do not want unpleasantness to originate from our forum

LOGIC

Back to top Go down

Post  eight-thirteen Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:18 pm

LOGIC wrote:Every day I read all the postings here with great pleasure, getting to know the problems we face together as neighbours.
I was appalled at, what you call yourself" eight thirteen to truly Singapore's posting regarding extension of use to the swimming pool.
We started this forum for OWNERS who are our neighbours to communicate with each other about problems in CSR. How can you call his posting as DRIVEL. That's very uncall for. Do look up the dictioinary for it's hurtful meaning.
We live in a civilised society,not in the jungle. As neighbours we can agree to disagree.
Do refrain from this forum if you only have INCONSEQUENTIAL and RUDE REMARKS. I do not want unpleasantness to originate from our forum
Actually I will not apologise, and I assume you mean uncalled, not uncall.
I call posts as I see them, this post in particular was pure drivel, it contained no substance or reasoning, simply a small king telling other people what they can and can not do.
I have a very low tolerance threshold for people that imposes their will on others.
"Many people should be asleep by then" is not an argument

By the way, drivel is defined as childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking, nonsense which I feel perfectly describes the post I replied to.

eight-thirteen

Back to top Go down

Post  ceewye Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:06 pm

eight-thirteen wrote:
LOGIC wrote:Every day I read all the postings here with great pleasure, getting to know the problems we face together as neighbours.
Actually I will not apologise, and I assume you mean uncalled, not uncall.
I call posts as I see them, this post in particular was pure drivel, it contained no substance or reasoning, simply a small king telling other people what they can and can not do.
I have a very low tolerance threshold for people that imposes their will on others.
"Many people should be asleep by then" is not an argument

By the way, drivel is defined as childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking, nonsense which I feel perfectly describes the post I replied to.

Let's not put our words towards each other harshly... I find your candid-ness refreshing but seriously... LOGIC has a point, we're here to share views and opinions and we should do do so in a conciliatory manner...

Please remember, everyone has a right to his or her opinion but not agreeing with someone's opinion doesn't necessarily make it right to blast other people.

I also find it VERY CHILDISH that you would want to correct other people's grammer, that is definitely uncalled for...

I have read through all your 9 posts and I realise you do know how to be constructive when you want to.
Others have called you aggressive before and I also do find you a little confrontational... Be constructive please... We don't give out awards to the most crass replies...

Be nice... Batman
ceewye
ceewye
Admin

https://ctsq.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jianmin Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:24 pm

pale so well said !!! ceewye ....

if only all residence are good natured , earth friendly , kind , compassion , selflessness , our condo will be a better place to live .....
jianmin
jianmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down