City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

City Square Residence
Welcome to City Square Residence forums.
Please show your support for us by registering and participating in the discussions.
If you don't care, who will?

Please read the terms of use after registering.
City Square Residence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Need a 2nd hand bicycle
Reduce the conservancy charges then EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm by stanlim2

» Ochin Tapas Bistro now open for lunch
Reduce the conservancy charges then EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm by attard

» Great place to chill out few minutes from CSR
Reduce the conservancy charges then EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm by attard

» More loungers and Chairs needed by the pool
Reduce the conservancy charges then EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm by csrssr

» Noisy Neighbours
Reduce the conservancy charges then EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm by csrssr

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Reduce the conservancy charges then

5 posters

Go down

Reduce the conservancy charges then Empty Reduce the conservancy charges then

Post  Twinkle Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:15 pm

This must be the only condo that charges a studio apt. of 570 sq.m. very close to a much bigger apt. E.g. I pay $712.62 for 3 mths which per mth is very close to a much larger apartment. Now I am questioning this BECAUSE I heard some (they are not tennis players) are talking about charging fees to those who book e.g. the tennis courts in the future, when they plan to take over from the managing agent. I am pretty sure that CDL had already considered the costs of maintaining these facilities when they decided and implemented these monthly maintenance fees. We all know that in the middle class of condos which we belong to, (we are not the high end), the common facilities like tennis courts, swimming pools, etc. are free to residents to book with limit restrictions at most. That is the perks of paying a higher maintenance to live in a condo. Taking it away is ridiculous & undemocratic & is like living in a HDB apt. where we have to pay for usage of tennis courts & pools outside. Just imagine, then the ones without cars will say residents have to pay for carparks...to be fair..... & so there is no ending to it..you mean the carpark roads do not get "worn out"????? .............this may also affect our property price.....therefore.....I am 100 percent against voting for residents with narrow selfish attitudes. Those who do not use the facilities and push for those who do use, to pay for them, may consider shifting to non-condo apts....need I say more?
Twinkle
Twinkle

Back to top Go down

Reduce the conservancy charges then Empty Re: Reduce the conservancy charges then

Post  csrssr Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:50 pm

more important issue to worry about improvements to security , cleaning and maintenance of facilities. There were concerns that not enough controls exist on usage of facilities - instituting clear after checks to ensure misuse/damage is dealt with to address these concerns. Faciliities like bowling are charged due to very high maintenance. We should focus on security - trespassing, illegal parking and condole issues on priority.

csrssr

Back to top Go down

Reduce the conservancy charges then Empty Reduce conservancy charges?????

Post  precious Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:34 pm

csrssr is correct...there are more urgent things to discuss then quarrel about tennis courts charges!!! Come on, we are all adults. I am sure most of us have stayed in
condos before and are well aware of the bye-laws. Security is the one we should be concerned about.
Rolling Eyes Let's make sure we all vote in unbiased residents to form a good Management
Council. Then we see whetner there are any improvements to this condo!

precious

Back to top Go down

Reduce the conservancy charges then Empty Re: Reduce the conservancy charges then

Post  la Wong Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 am

A nominal charge is reasonable for a tennis court, barbecue pit, bowling, etc. as is the practice in most if not all condos.

I agree that currently, the most urgent issue is security - people going in and out of the condo, especially as who are across the street from a mall and in the middle of town. With tighter control and improved maintenance, the value of condo can be maintained and enhance. Eventually, this will be a much greater value than the few dollars saved on booking a tennis court or barbecue pit.

la Wong

Back to top Go down

Reduce the conservancy charges then Empty Oh my Goodness!

Post  Twinkle Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:26 pm

La Wong did not understand my points in why I said "Reduce the Maintenance Charge THEN". On what basis and research are you referring to when replying that "a nominal charge for tennis courts" is levied in MOST condos as I have stated that the REVERSE is true, eg. in Mandarin Gardens, a 1000 unit Condo with a bigger common area than ours. AND if they pay a charge to use, then it could be that their maintenance is reasonably lower than what it could have been?? These are the possibilities. One has to compare 'apple for apple' & not with an avocado.
What I agree as true is, yes, residents aspiring to be selected into the sub-committee should only think about NOW, is the security and management of cleanliness in this estate as top priority when taking over from the present management agency and not to enter into a likely "battle" with other residents over such things when we will all need to look into the accounts to access which facility is incurring the most expenditure and tell us why we need to be charged as you do not have to be a rocket scientist to guess how much we are collecting monthly in fees......remember what happened in the two failed AGMs.......and after what we get? We had more complaints instead in the ensuing months regards security and cleanliness issues. Wonder why? Is it too much to suggest that each time the sub-committee had any of their closed door meeting (after the last AGM) a report should be ON the Notice Board to inform us OTHER residents what has been discussed. A condo ought to be run by unbias professionals ........
Twinkle
Twinkle

Back to top Go down

Reduce the conservancy charges then Empty By Laws in Running Strata title properties are all propose and vote in by owners

Post  LOGIC Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 am

ALL BY LAWS REGARDING THE RUNNING OF STRATA TITLE PROPERTIES ARE PROPOSE AND VOTED IN BY OWNERS PLUS IT HAD TO BE VETTED BY THE AUTHORITIES BEFORE ANY IMPLEMENTATION.
SO TWINKLE ATTEND THE AGM, PARTAKE IN THIS DEMOCRATIC EXERCISE. PUT YOURSELF UP FOR ELECTION INTO THE COMMITTEE.( BE THE UNBIASED MEMBER) YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE HELPING TO LOOK AFTER ALL THE OWNERS ASSETS WHICH YOU WILL EARN OUR UNDYING GRATITUDE FOR DOING THIS THANKLESS JOB. NO NEED TO GRIPE ON LINE (YOU HAVE THE AGENDA BECAUSE YOU PLAY TENNIS EVERY WEEK) YOU CAN REPRESENT THE TENNIS ELITE. WE ARE JUST POOR IGNORANT SLOBS WHO DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO HOLD A RACKET LET ALONE USE THE TENNIS COURT WHICH CONSUME THOUSANDS OF WATTS OF ELECTRICITY WHEN THE ELITE PLAY.
AS FOR STUDIO APARTMENT PAYING SUCH HIGH MAINTENANCE FEE YOU SHOULD TAKE IT UP WITH THE RELEVANT AUTHORITY IF YOU HAVE THE CONVICTION THAT YOU HAVE OVERPAID. THEN BRAVO TO YOU.

TO TAKE UP THE ROLE OF BEING ON THE COMMITTEE IS NOT A EASY JOB.
1) IT IS A VOLUNTARY JOB WITH NO RENUMERATION.
2) ANY COMPLAINS AND DEFECTS HAVE TO BE HANDLE AT ALL TIMES.
3) ANY THING THAT GOES WRONG AFTER THE HANDOVER WILL BE POINTED TO THE MANAGING COMMITTEE.
4) SACRIFICE OF PRECIOUS TIME AND ENERGY.
I HOPE YOU WILL TAKE NOTE OF THE ABOVE POINTS BEFORE YOU RANT ON LINE.

TWINKE PLEASE DO STAND FOR ELECTION I WILL DEFINITELY
VOTE YOU IN WITH PLEASURE FOR DOING THIS HONORABLE JOB. YOU BETTER COME IN TO CHECK THE ACCOUNTS, TIGHTEN SECURITIES, LOOK AFTER THE CLEANLINESS OF THE ESTATE AND SAVE THOSE DYING PLANTS INSTEAD OF WHINNYING ON LINE WASTING YOUR ENERGY ON THE WRONG AGENDA.

LET ME EDUCATE YOU THAT PRO TEM COMMITTEE DO NOT HAVE ANY SAY OVER THE RUNNING OF THE ESTATE. SO HOW CAN WE BROADCAST TO ONE AND SUNDRY OUR DISCUSSIONS WHICH CARRIES NO WEIGHT WITH ANY ONE. WE DO NOT WANT TO WASTE OUR ENERY ON FRIVOLOUS UNDERTAKING. AS THE CHINESE SAYS' WE MUST AS WELL SAVE OUR BREATH TO WARM OUR BELLY.

I FERVENTLY HOPE TO SEE YOU AS A VALUABLE COUNCIL MEMBER TASK TO MAKE CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES A MUCH BETTER PLACE FOR ALL OF US. LET ME THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR DOING THIS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT AND FABULOUS UNDERTAKING FOR THE GOOD OF ALL OWNERS.

HEY ANY ONE READING THIS DO JOIN IN AND THANK TWINKLE FOR BEING SUCH A SPORT. DO SEND IN YOUR SUPPORT AND CHEER HER ON TO THE FINISHING LINE.

LOGIC

LOGIC

Back to top Go down

Reduce the conservancy charges then Empty Feedback again!

Post  Twinkle Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:42 pm

First & forthmost these are my points;
1) The purpose of a Forum is to provide feedback & criticism so if you disagree, try to avoid name calling, sarcasm & even telling me to join the committee because it is better that I remain neutral to better provide a straight & honest feedback/comment.
It is because I heard personally from more than one member of the sub-committee discussing about imposing a fee for using the tennis courts (which is ridiculous as we are already paying a higher maintenance charge monthly........... this is a condo not a sports club.)

2)In a well managed condo, there has to be a qualified team & not up to you or anybody to say I should join if I am not qualified to do so. E.g., a Committee Treasurer has to be someone experienced/qualified in a finance/acct. related field: a Condo manager should have a Estates Management degree & capable to delegate/supervise his team of cleaners, landscape gardeners, security agencies etc.

Having said these, we look forward to a better year ahead for all living here.
Twinkle
Twinkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum